Friday, February 3, 2012

My life so far...

I may not be the most eloquent of folks but I certainly have plenty to say. I don't know what I'm supposed to write about in a blog but I don't think anyone will be reading this so I'll write whatever occurs to me.

  Friends from out of town who you only see once a year, but are able to start off from the same place each time, are special friends. Friends who have known you in all your stages of life, bouncy, goofy tomboy to awkward teen trying to figure out if I'm cool or not and whether that really matters to me, to adult still not sure who or what I am. To have so many in my life, people who have loved me so unconditionally through all of those stages makes me realize how lucky I really am.
  We're awfully fortunate that in this day and age we can still remain "close" with people living halfway around the world. Just the other day I spoke with a girlfriend who moved to Israel 2 years ago. Skype made it feel like we were sitting together like we used to, blabbing about whatever came to mind. That we can be so far apart and stay in touch and yet, drift apart from those we live within minutes of confuses and frustrates me. To think I haven't just driven those 10 minutes to visit those friends I say I want to see. That I use the time it would take as an excuse not to go, yet I would drive the same distance or further to get a coffee or a bagel.

 I seem to be touching on a wide variety of topics today but I think I'm trying to figure out what I want to talk about and simply trying it out. Maybe after a bit I'll know what it is I want to discuss and debate on my little virtual soapbox but for now that's what I came up with.

Talk to you soon imaginary followers :)

1 comment:

  1. Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! I'm your imaginary follower. *boooo!*

    ReplyDelete